Virtual Speed Mentoring
Time & Location
About the event
Ice Breaker Questions:
About You Questions:
· What do you like best about your career?
· What roles have you played in your career and what did you like/dislike about each?
· What do you like/dislike about the size of company?
· How do you manage work/life balance?
· How do you like to spend your free time?
Career Reflection Questions:
· What is the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
· What do you wish you had known when you started your career?
· Looking back, is there anything you would change or do differently based on what you have learned over the course of your career?
· What skills/pursuits/talents do you want to develop further?
· What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
· What characteristics or skills set you apart from your peers and enabled your success?
Job Hunting Questions:
· What do you look for in an applicant?
· What skills seem to be generally missing in recent candidates?
· If you could only give one piece of job hunting advice to new graduate or emerging professional, what would it be?
· What was instrumental for you in landing your first (or second) professional job?
· What makes a resume/portfolio stand out to you?
· How can I improve my professional visibility?
· What professional groups can I join?
Career Advancement Questions:
· What technical/professional/soft skills should I develop or seek experience in?
· What would you recommend when asking for more responsibility, a promotion or a raise?
· If you wanted to encourage innovative ideas, how would you go about it?
· How do you deal with colleagues who have done the same job for many years and make it a challenge to influence their way of thinking?
· If you found yourself in a position that you knew was not maximizing your full potential, what would you do?
· What has influenced your decision to stay or leave your previous jobs?
· When is it worth it to take professional risks?
· Can you recommend two more people I should talk to?
· Would you be willing to talk again outside of this speed mentoring event?